We are happy that you are considering offering your volunteer services to assist our students. With the support of volunteers the opportunity to meet the individual needs of each child is greatly increased.
The Godwin Heights School Board encourages parents/guardians and other members of our community to share their time, knowledge and abilities with our students. Community volunteers in our schools enrich the educational program and strengthen our schools' relationships with homes, businesses, public agencies and private institutions.
The education of our youth takes a community effort. Caring members of our community bring new energies and resources into our schools, and expand the walls of the classrooms. All over the country schools are drawing support from their communities through the efforts of volunteers who work in our schools, become career mentors, contribute goods and supplies, and those that support our schools financially through grants.
What can I do?
There are many ways to volunteer:
- tutoring in a classroom
- reading to children
- helping in the library
- make a class presentation
- helping coach a sports team
- assist with after school activities
- let a student "job shadow" you
- have a class visit your business
- assist on the playground
- mentor students
- chaperone at a dance
- serve on a district or school committee
- community service – provide a hands-on experience for our students in a variety of settings
- School-to-Career opportunities
- clerical support
- booster clubs
- School beautification
- Join your school PTA or PTO!